Wednesday 22 October 2014

22nd October 1914




Great Aus. Bight
Thursday October 22 1914

Well we never called into Adelaide but are going straight to Albany.  It is still as calm as ever, you might travel it a hundred times but not strike it so calm.  The Gunners do Swedish drill of a morning and I join in at times when I get the chance.  I am on sick and defaulters orderly.  Have one defaulter and he gets 3 hours scrubbing in the labotarys from 6 till 9 p.m.  I am trying to learn a bit of French. I have a interpreter.  I still have a slight touch of cold will do my best to get rid of it at Albany if we stop.





Thursday 22nd October


All horses exercised during day. Sick horse very much improved. Battery at Gun drill and laying, Head Quarters at Signalling. B.A.C. and D.A.C. foot parades.

Syllabus for NCOs instruction completed and typed. Instructional Court-Martial during evening. Major Hughes a very effective Prosecutor. Accused found "Not Guilty"

Endeavoured with Captain to locate illicit trafficking in beer and spirits. Spoke to Sergeants Mess while they were at dinner.





A group photo of the N.C.O.'s onboard the A22 Rangatira.
1606 Sergeant Owen Kenneth Stewart, 7th Battery, is
 marked with an arrow in the middle of the group.


No comments:

Post a Comment