Thursday 29 January 2015

29th January 1915


Horses returning to Mena Camp from watering, 1915.


Mena Camp
Friday January 29 1915

Went out with the horses to the guns, hooked up to the guns and I was told to take coverer of the Firing Battery.  It was very hot and dusty out there today, and at watering up time the skipper told another chap and I to go down to the pumps at the Nile Valley and pump the well full for our teams so we went down at a gallop and when we get there there was a few other chaps there had it full so much the better for us, bought our guns back with us and I am doing a cobbers picquet tonight as he is a bit off colour.  He wanted to give me 40 piastres but I told him not to be silly as etc.  We have to fed up three times during the night now.



Friday 29th January

Again good day’s work on training area, in taking up positions and engaging all nature of targets including Cavalry. Pow wow with Officers in the evening.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment