Monday 9 March 2015

9th March 1915


An original 1st Division Artillery patch, as issued to 1673 Bombadier Albert Oscar
Cedric Giraud, 7th Battery, 3rd Field Artillery Brigade.  Sold on eBay in 2014,
I am very keen to get in touch with the buyer - if anyone knows where this patch
ended up, please contact me via private message through the facebook page [HERE].
The issuance of this patch is mentioned by Col. Rosenthal (below).


Tuesday 9th March

Received letter from Nell dated Jan 26th, Chris dated Jan 28th and Arthur King dated February 8th

Went into Cairo at 10 AM this morning and returned for lunch. Busy completing Brigade equipment from Ordnance.

Col Hobbs informed me our Artillery Division would probably route March to Alexandria. I strongly supported the scheme.

We are now to wear coloured badges on each arm to distinguish our units. Our Brigade has Artillery Colours, dark blue and scarlet, with a bar of yellow in the centre. Terribly hot and trying day. Practically impossible to do any outside work.

My batman has had a big day washing my soiled linen etc, and I now have a fine prospect ahead of me to darn all my socks prior to leaving Egypt. Still no definite date laid down for departure. Major Burgess slightly improving. Criticised work of officers Patrols. The 3rd Brigade L. Horse has come into the Camp.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment